Best CDN – Using CDN on your website is one of the best ways to improve the speed of your website. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. As the name suggests, it is a network of content delivery servers used to deliver faster content. CDN shortens the physical distance for delivering content and improves the speed and performance of the website.
In this post, I will share the list of Best CDN for your Website along with the pros and cons. I am sure that CDN will surely help you to improve the speed of your website.
What is CDN?
CDN stands for a content delivery network. A CDN is a network of servers that helps in faster content delivery. Let’s try to understand CDN with one simple example.
Suppose you are accessing your website from the USA and the web hosting of a website in a different country. You will get a slow speed for sure. On the other hand, if the server is hosted in the same country or served from the cache server in the nearby country speed will be higher. The same concept is used in CDN. CDN contains multiple cache servers and the cached content of static files will be served from the nearby cache server. This is to improve the speed by eliminating delays in access. After understanding the concept of CDN let’s try to get information about the Best CDN for improving the speed of the website.
3 Best CDN (Content Delivery Network) for your website
Stackpath is one of the best CDN tools available for bloggers. Stackpath claims to increase the speed of your website by 68%. Stackpath uses high-capacity SSD and advanced caching techniques for content delivery. In addition to CDN, stack path also offers WAF, managed DNS, and service monitoring as a product. Key features of Stackpath are given below.
Key Features Stackpath
- Wide caching network with a presence in all countries.
- Intelligent time-based caching.
- Caching customization with rules.
- Cache clear – instant purge facility.
- A segmented download of content.
- Compression and Optimization of content delivery.
- HTTP 2 server push for improving latency.
- Real-time analysis of data.
- Fast speed, robust security, and affordable price
- Application-level protection
- Easy to setup
- On-screen real-time analysis of data
- Offers one-month free trial
- Lesser servers outside USA and Europe
Stackpath’s pricing structure is easy to understand and affordable. The price range starts at $15 per month a per website.
Website – Stackpath
Cloudflare is the most popular and trusted CDN service provider. Cloudflare provides a performance boost and also focuses on security. Cloudflare CDN is easy to configure and affordable. Cloudflare has a wide range of coverage and presence in all countries. Key features of Cloudflare CDN are given below.
Key Features Cloudflare
- Easy to use with Instant setup
- Smart Routing with real-time intelligence
- Dynamic content delivery
- Built-in DDoS Protection
- Increased bandwidth savings
- Improvement performance
- Save hosting bandwidth
- Provide spam protection
- Accurate site analytics
- DNS change is mandatory
- False-positive due to higher security layer
Cloudflare Pro plan costs $20 per month per domain and the business plan cost $200 per month per domain.
Website – Cloudflare
KeyCDN is offering very good performance and secure content delivery with minimum loading time. KeyCDN uses advanced image processing for image optimization. KeyCDN transforms and optimizes images in real-time. KeyCDN also supports live streaming support. Key features and benefits of KeyCDN are given below.
Key Features of KeyCDN
- Dynamic content routing for faster loading time
- Static content caching at distributed POPs
- Cache purging from different edge locations
- Easy management using a dashboard
- Report and Log generation
- Easy to use CDN option with a dashboard view
- A lot of resources available in the knowledge base
- Speed test after implementation of KeyCDN shows drastic improvements
- Integrate with CMS/Frameworks & caching tools
- Video streaming and a live streaming solution is very good
- The pricing model of KeyCDN is complex. The calculation is based on bandwidth usage and region.
The monthly cost of KeyCDN is based on bandwidth usage and region. The pricing model starts at $20 per month. For the first 10 TB you need to pay $0.10/GB for the Asia region.
Website – KeyCDN
Over to you –
Do you use CDN (Content Delivery Network) for your website?
Do you think the usage of CDN improves the performance of the website?
Which CDN services do you use for your website? Do share details in the comment section given below.